Frequently Asked Questions
- Who should enroll?
- What is the capstone project?
- What are the technological requirements?
- What is the attendance policy?
- When will I receive my certificate?
This certificate is designed to meet the needs of 3 categories of special event producers:
- Those who are completely new to special event production and need a basic understanding of the process.
- Those who are currently working on special events (either full time or as part of other job responsibilities) and wish to develop new skills and problem-solving techniques.
- Those who are already successful practitioners in the field but are seeking specialized information and advanced insights into special event production.
Students in the Emory Event Planning program will be required to complete a capstone project prior to receiving their certificate. Put everything you leaned to practice to create a virtual event. You'll be given a budget and clear objectives and everything you need to work out the details for the event. You'll design the invitation/marketing pieces, layout the event space, select a venue, choose menus and rental items, construct the spoken program flow, create the event timeline, and more. Just like in the real world, you'll be thrown a few curveballs along the way, testing your ability to adapt to change. This body of work will serve as a virtual portfolio, demonstrating your capacity to produce events and understanding of event budgeting, logistics, and effective planning.
Students must have high speed internet access and a dial-up connection will not be sufficient. External speakers and a USB microphone are highly recommended with a headset preferred. The most current version of Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox is recommended.
To complete the certificate program, students must:
- Complete all course work satisfactorily
- Attend the one day workshop
- Attend online instructor led sessions
- Review recorded content and participate in Blackboard discussions.
You will receive your certificate upon successful completion of the capstone project and all other required content. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request a certificate.